28 September 2017
28 September 2017 Allergy Therapeutics plc (AIM:AGY), the fully integrated specialty pharmaceutical group specialising in allergy vaccines, today announces preliminary results for the year ended 30 June 2017.
- 72% increase in operating profit (pre-R&D) to £7.4m (2016: £4.3m)
- 32% revenue growth increase in actual terms to £64.1m (2016: £48.5m)
- 15%* revenue growth at constant currency to £55.5m (2016: £48.5m)
- 10% compound annual growth in net sales over 18 years
- Market share in the Group’s main European markets increased to 13% (2016: 12%)
- Cash at 30 June £22.1m (2016: £23.4m)
- Commencement of recruitment for pivotal Phase III Pollinex Quattro Birch trial
- US Grass MATA programme proceeding well; safety study successfully completed
- First patient recruited for Acarovac MPL Phase I trial in Spain
- Positive pre-clinical proof of concept trial data announced for Polyvac Peanut
“This has been another strong year of growth with constant currency growth of 15%* increasing our market share and, together with a favourable sterling/euro exchange rate, boosting operating profit pre R&D by £3.1m. Our continuing growth and progress on our pipeline reflects the quality of the products and the committed team that works at Allergy Therapeutics. We expect further good progress in the coming year.”
Manuel LlobetChief Executive Officer of Allergy Therapeutics
This announcement contains insider information for the purposes of Article 7 of Regulatory (EU) No596/2014.
* percentage based on figures in thousands (2017: £55.545m, 2016: £48.509m)
- ENDS -
For further information, please contact:
+44 (0) 1903 845 820
Manuel Llobet, Chief Executive Officer
Nick Wykeman, Finance Director
+44 (0) 20 7886 2500
Freddy Crossley / Duncan Monteith, Corporate Finance
Tom Salvesen, Corporate Broking
Consilium Strategic Communications
+44 20 3709 5700
Mary-Jane Elliott / Ivar Milligan / Philippa Gardner
Notes for editors:
About Allergy Therapeutics
Allergy Therapeutics is an international specialty pharmaceutical group focussed on the treatment and diagnosis of allergic disorders, including immunotherapy vaccines, that have the potential to cure disease. The Group sells proprietary and third party products from its subsidiaries in nine major European countries and via distribution agreements in an additional ten countries. Its broad pipeline of products in clinical development include vaccines for grass, tree and house dust mite, and peanut allergy vaccine in pre-clinical development. Adjuvant systems to boost performance of vaccines outside allergy are also in development.
Formed in 1999 out of Smith Kline Beecham, Allergy Therapeutics is headquartered in Worthing, UK with more than 11,000m2 of state-of-the-art MHRA-approved manufacturing facilities and laboratories. The Group, which has achieved double digit compound annual growth since formation, employs c.500 employees and is listed on the London Stock Exchange (AIM:AGY). For more information, please see www.allergytherapeutics.com.