17 May 2017
TiGenix to participate at international scientific and industry conferences
Leuven (BELGIUM) – May 17, 2017, 09:00h CEST – TiGenix NV (Euronext Brussels and NASDAQ: TIG), an advanced biopharmaceutical company focused on exploiting the anti-inflammatory properties of allogeneic, or donor-derived, stem cells to develop novel therapies for serious medical conditions, announces today that it will be presenting at or attending a series of international scientific and industry conferences in May and June.
TiGenix will be presenting at events including:
- The Advanced Regenerative Medicine Congress, London, UK, May 17 – 19. Ken Genenz, Senior Director for Market Access, will be taking part in the panel discussion on Assessment of Health Technologies and Market Access Globally, Challenges and Pricing.
- CASSS CMC Strategy Forum Europe, Killarny, Ireland, May 22. Maria del Pilar Redondo, Senior Director Technical Operations, will be presenting “A Living Medicine: How to Cope with CMC Requirements in the Development of Cell Therapy Products of Autologous and Allogeneic Origin”.
- PDA-Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products, Valencia, Spain, 27 – 28 June. Wilfried Dalemans will be chairing a session on “GMP – Current Regulatory Status”.
TiGenix will also attend the following events:
- European Medicines Agency: The First Anniversary of Prime, London, UK, May 19
- FDA Open Seminar: Opportunities Ahead, Barcelona, Spain, June 1 – 2
- Jefferies 2017 Global Healthcare Conference: New York, US, June 6 – 9
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS) Annual Scientific Meeting, Seattle, US, June 10 – 14
- International Symposium on Stem Cell Therapy Cardiovascular Innovations, Madrid, Spain, June 15 – 16
- Bio International Convention, San Diego, US, June 19 – 22
- Future Cell Therapy Commercialization Summit, Boston, US, June 26 – 28
A full list of TiGenix events can be found on the website at www.tigenix.com/news-media/news-events/
For more information
Chief Financial Officer
T: +34 91 804 92 64
TiGenix NV (Euronext Brussels and NASDAQ: TIG) is an advanced biopharmaceutical company focused on exploiting the anti-inflammatory properties of allogeneic, or donor-derived, stem cells to develop novel therapies for serious medical conditions.
TiGenix´ lead product, Cx601, has successfully completed a European Phase III clinical trial for the treatment of complex perianal fistulas - a severe, debilitating complication of Crohn’s disease. Cx601 has been filed for regulatory approval in Europe and a global Phase III trial intended to support a future U.S. Biologic License Application (BLA) is expected to start in 2017. TiGenix has entered into a licensing agreement with Takeda, a global pharmaceutical company active in gastroenterology, under which Takeda acquired the exclusive right to develop and commercialize Cx601 for complex perianal fistulas outside the U.S. TiGenix’ second adipose-derived product, Cx611, is undergoing a Phase I/II trial in severe sepsis – a major cause of mortality in the developed world. Finally, AlloCSC-01, targeting acute ischemic heart disease, has demonstrated positive results in a Phase I/II trial in acute myocardial infarction (AMI). TiGenix is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) and has operations in Madrid (Spain). For more information, please visit http://www.tigenix.com.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements and estimates with respect to the anticipated future performance of TiGenix and the market in which it operates. Certain of these statements, forecasts and estimates can be recognised by the use of words such as, without limitation, “believes”, “anticipates”, “expects”, “intends”, “plans”, “seeks”, “estimates”, “may”, “will” and “continue” and similar expressions. They include all matters that are not historical facts. Such statements, forecasts and estimates are based on various assumptions and assessments of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, which were deemed reasonable when made but may or may not prove to be correct. Actual events are difficult to predict and may depend upon factors that are beyond the Company's control. Therefore, actual results, the financial condition, performance or achievements of TiGenix, or industry results, may turn out to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements, forecasts and estimates. Given these uncertainties, no representations are made as to the accuracy or fairness of such forward-looking statements, forecasts and estimates. Furthermore, forward-looking statements, forecasts and estimates only speak as of the date of the publication of this press release. TiGenix disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statement, forecast or estimates to reflect any change in the Company’s expectations with regard thereto, or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement, forecast or estimate is based, except to the extent required by Belgian law.